Eve's Paintings & Prints

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Poem, Limited Time, 3-7-12

I struggled with duty
to fly my old kite
I struggled against winds
which were frustrating not right
I struggled to have fun
I struggled to buoy*
I struggled to inseminate
Meaning in void.

My old kite is damaged
it should be dismissed
I wondered why I did
persist in this tryst**
I thought the true answer
would appear in this rhyme
I see in the answer
we had limited time.

Limited time to see here and thereafter
Limited time to see I am much faster
Limited time to seek meaning and so
Limited time to see endings in droves***
Limited time to draw lines in the sand
Limited time to breathe out and I ran.

*bu·oy/ˈbo͞o-ē/
Noun: An anchored float serving as a navigation mark, to show reefs or other hazards, or for mooring.
Verb:Keep (someone or something) afloat: "I let the water buoy up my weight"

**tryst/trist/
Noun: A private, romantic rendezvous between lovers: "a moonlight tryst".

***droves plural of drove (Noun)
Noun: A herd or flock of animals being driven in a body.
A large number of people or things doing or undergoing the same thing: "tourists stayed away in droves".

No comments:

Post a Comment