Eve's Paintings & Prints

Thursday, August 6, 2015

They Cancelled the Race?



The anxious preparation
The details never done
The simplicity not attained here
The body wants to run

Who are my opponents?
They aren't fit to run
Where is the finish line?
The race itself is fun

I'm still excited ready
Chomping at the bit
No one else is ready
No one else is fit

So now they say they've cancelled?
Has something gone awry?*
Is there a technicality?
My mind is fit to tie!!!

All this preparation
All these odds permit
Are errors, stops and false starts
This hermit's light has lit.

So back to pasture's leisure
Relax in peaceful glen
Letting others train for
The race that I have missed.

-E.L.F.
Eve Leona Featherstone


* awry - away from the appropriate, planned, or expected course; amiss

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've been consolidating and preparing a few years now, for large shifts, and it's my highest excitement. Instead of a collective wagon train for a new Earth, I'm always alone in the gates or with a couple others, but not enough to start. Perpetual preparation for an eternal revolving set of circumstances. More like Roulette than a Horse Race. The external orchestration continues. In the meantime I will stay groomed and healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment