Eve's Paintings & Prints

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Years Since Then Spent, Eve Featherstone

A reservoir waiting
Behind a stone wall
No gate to open
Access too tall

I awakened to find
A key at my door
A few lines heartfelt
Love and some more

A happy ending
To a sad long time had
I shared this path too
The news made me glad!

She said my words lingered
She said they came true
She said she was happy
Just out of the blue

I could see this was pure
I could see it for real
I could see in myself
My timeline's contrail*

Pictures of beauty
Pictures of friends
Pictures of pets lives
Different homes then

Tears came out forceful
In intervals pent**
Thinking how I love
Years since then spent.

*contrail - a trail of condensed water from an aircraft or rocket at high altitude, seen as a white streak against the sky.

**pent - pent up -closely confined or held back.
"pent-up frustrations" synonyms: repressed, suppressed, stifled, smothered, restrained, confined, bottled up, held in/back, unvented, kept in check, curbed, bridled

No comments:

Post a Comment