Eve's Paintings & Prints

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Absolve to Evolve

As I have witnessed
Through tumultuous decades
Emerging from contrast
A simple but free soul
Still harnessed for conflict
I stop and I reflect
Seeing conviction*
Lingering oppression
Myself as the judge
Non-physical torment
Stored input from others
Not my own druthers*
I gave up resistance
To past reflected instances
Below my own standards
I fell below rank
Not in the infantry
Lost on foot
Getting back in the stirrups
Moving past the disturbances
Towards horizons I want to win
To absolve* oneself is too easy
For the rational mind to accept
Hence the suffering many
Cheated from intent.

-E.L.F.

con·vic·tion - 1. a formal declaration that someone is guilty of a criminal offense
2. a firmly held belief or opinion.

druthers - free will, preference

absolve - set or declare (someone) free from blame, guilt, or responsibility

intent - intention or purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment