Eve's Paintings & Prints

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Open Season

I was placed upon the Earth
Living in playful curiosity until
The rumors of older friends
Made me fearful of the bend
Life would take in the upper
Levels after elementary school

I was fearful of others
But it was the way of the world
When society declares open season
On the young girls as they
Are pushed through a door
They don't want to enter
Preferring the way they used to look
Seeing their future as a fake place
Where their chests would be put
Into uniform molds of 3 different sizes

As a slightly wounded animal bleeds
Periodically through the forest
As it tries to hide its wounding
What is more unnatural than this
Which is said to be natural?
I tried to hide but was forced
Out into the open with others
Who took more naturally to this
As if they were adults their whole life

Gradually losing my athletic ease
Gradually losing my ability's speed
Entertainment changed from natural to cloaked
Humor sustained me and wits turned to dark
Making believe that I was one of
The hunters who hunted the innocent dove.

-sELF

No comments:

Post a Comment